- 8 oz rigatoni (or 1/2 box) you can use ziti or whatever floats your boat!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 med/large zucchini, diced
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 can beef broth
- 5 roma tomatoes, mine were small/med size
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- Lots of fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper ( this is optional, but it helps level out the sweetness from the tomato soup
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese ( green can)
- 1/2 cup panko
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and shaved parmesan
- Large skillet brown hamburger, add spices, soup and beef broth.
- Boil pasta to al dente.
- In med saute pan, add butter, zucchini, onions once they start turning iridescent add tomatoes let cook for a couple minutes and add to hamburger, remove from heat.
- Pre-heat oven 375
- in small dish mix panko and parmesan cheese.
- Spray 9X13 pan with nonstick spray and add hamburger and pasta, mix together.
- Top with panko mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and shaved parmesan.