- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 cups beef, diced (I used leftovers from a roast)
- 1 med onion, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups fresh green beans, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 cup red wine
- 1 can Progresso fire roasted tomato soup starters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Healthy Healthy pinch of salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Pinch red cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 large potato, cooked and diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup quick cook barley
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
Vegetable Beef Barley Soup/Stew
This is hearty soup… stew! If you need a tasty and sure to satisfy meal, this will do it will some fresh bread. The cold winter days ahead this will comfort and warm you up!
- In your dutch oven add butter, olive oil, carrots, garlic and onion on med high saute until slightly tender.
- Add beef broth, red wine, soup starter, tomatoes, bay leaves, green beans and let simmer for 30 mins.
- Then add barley, potatoes and seasonings let simmer for 30 mins or until your green beans are no longer crunchy.
- Stir in parsley and it's din din time, garnish with fresh grated or shaved Parmesan! Forgot… remove your bay leaves ;)