- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups cabbage (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (sliced at a angle)
- 3 stalks bok choy (sliced at a angle with some of the leaves)
- 1 cup snap peas
- 10-12 baby carrots (shaved thin)
- 1 can mushrooms (drained)
- 1 can bean sprouts (drained)
- 1 can water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 can cream chicken soup
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Don't add salt ~ with soup and soy sauce gives it the salt
- 1/4 cup and 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 6 cups chow mein noodles
- Small bag slivered almonds
Upside Down Chow Mein ~
Here’s an amazing Chow Mein recipe! Feel free to add the veggies you and your family like. Change it up with chicken or pork, have fun with it!
- In a large pot add thawed ground beef and brown.
- Add seasonings to browned ground beef and mix.
- Add soups, pour the half and half back and forth into the soup cans getting the rest of soup.
- Pour over ground beef.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Turn heat on med ,simmer /don't boil.
- Add veggies and simmer until veggies are tender but still have a slight crunch 30-45 mins.
- In a large skillet spray, turn heat on to med/heat.
- Add chow Mein noodles (if you like more chow Mein noodles add to your liking)
- Add almonds slightly brown.
- Plate chow Mein and top with chow Mein noodles and almonds.
- Enjoy Fab Foodies!!