- 2 cups water
- 2.5 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Tostitos salsa con queso
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons beef base
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey (Jennie o)
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups Velveeta, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Chives and low fat sharp cheddar for garnish
Skinny Cheeseburger Soup With a Kick ~
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion.
- Sprinkle beef base over the mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey (if it's extra lean add tablespoon olive oil) add pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne and salt to taste.
- Stir cooked turkey, 4 cups milk into the soup and heat through. Combine remaining 1 cup milk with flour, stirring until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in both cheeses until melted.
- Garnish with sliced chives and low fat sharp cheddar.
- Enjoy Fab Foodies!!