- 1lb mussels
- 1 bag med shrimp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb andouille sausage cut into chunks or rounds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Dash of hot sauce
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Fresh parsley to garnish
Shrimp and Mussels with Andouille Sausage
- In med pan heat 1 tbsp oil add sausage when almost browned add shrimp cook for 5 mins and take off heat.
- In a large kettle heat 1 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp butter.
- When hot add onion and garlic cook until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken broth, hot sauce and wine bring to boil, add mussels, shrimp and sausage cover for 5 mins.
- Once mussels are opened there done, discard any closed ones.
- Add cilantro, pour into your favorite serving dish.
- Garnish with parsley, serve with crusty bread or baguette to mop up the love!