- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cubed 1" inch)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh broccoli sliced (this is optional I added it for color, slightly under cook and add to chicken right before you pour the sauce over the dish)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Sauce for Sesame Chicken:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted black sesame seeds
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Green onions for garnish
- Oil for frying (4 cups)
Sesame Chicken ~
This is the BEST Sesame Chicken recipe!
If you love going out for Sesame chicken or doing take out. This recipe will keep you in and save you money and the best part theres left overs!
I would love to hear from you!
Please post your comments below and be sure to rate the recipes you try, by clicking on the 5 star rating.
Sharing the Love of Â Cooking!
- In small saute pan add sesame seeds and toast, then set aside.
- Mix the marinade ingredients and pour right into the bag of thawed chicken.
- Marinade 1 hour in refrigerator.Â
- The sauce:
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients.Â
- Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while frying the chicken.
- In a pie pan add 2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder, mix together and dredge cubed chicken.
- In a large pot add oil, turn heat on med/high and wait for it to get hot.
- Add dredged chicken pieces a few at a time, fry until golden brown.Â
- Drain on paper towels.
- Just before you are finished frying, bring sauce back up to a boil.Â
- Place the chicken (Broccoli optional) on a large platter and pour the sauce over.Â
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with rice.
- You won't be calling for take out again!