- 2 slices rye and pumpernickel bread
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup onions sliced thinly
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices smoked turkey
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
If you love the Reuben sandwich, you’ll love the Rachel sandwich!
Same great flavor with less fat and calories, whats not to love!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Peace, love and harmony from my kitchen to yours!
- In small saute pan add sauerkraut don't drain and onion, saute until slightly browned and set aside.
- Butter the top and bottom of bread, place buttered side down in pan and place one slice cheese, 1 tablespoon thousand, sauerkraut, 1 tablespoon thousand, smoked turkey and Swiss cheese and place the buttered side up on top.
- Flip once bottom is toasted and repeat.
- Slice and enjoy!