- 6 cups potatoes, shredded
- 3 cups flour, you might need more
- 1 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Morton Nature's Seasons
Ahhh… what can I say about this dish is LOVE!
This is a Scandinavian dish. Great with ham, bacon my ancestors served it with side pork.
They also would pour bacon grease over it, I chose to use butter.
You can be as creative as you like. Last year for New Years my dinner menu was… Klub, Bacon and Crab Legs and champagne of course everything I loved along with my family!
Give it a try… it sometimes takes a couple times of trying it to acquire a taste for it.
Love and Hugs!
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, seasonings, flour and oatmeal.
- Mix well and form into balls.
- Drop into a large pan of boiling water, you may need two pans depending on the size of your pans.
- Serve with bacon, ham, melted butter.
- Salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.