- 5-6 potatoes peeled and diced
- One small onion diced
- 3 stalks celery
- 2.5-3 cups diced ham
- 1 heaping Tbsp ham base
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 – 2 cups 2% milk ( I used skim to cut down on calories)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Great soup! Different spin on the basic Potato soup. Very comforting ~ The garnishes are a must!
- In large sauce pan add potatoes, veggies, ham, ham base, seasonings cover in water bring to boil and turn down and let simmer until it’s (almost mashed potato constancy) Water will be almost gone.
- Add 1.5 - 2 cups of milk however thick you like it let that simmer for at least hour (do not boil)
- Then add one cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream mix and simmer for 10-15 mins and TaDa. Garnish with cheese, green onions and sour cream! Delicious ~