- 1 Lb Italian sausage ~ remove casing fry & slice
- 1 green pepper cut in chunks
- 1 red pepper cut in chunks
- 1 onion cut in chunks
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1Tbsp fennel
- ¾ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- 1/8 cup your favorite wine
- 1Tbsp ricotta
Great Italian dish! Jammed packed with flavors! Garlic toast and glass of red wine = Amazing!
- In med skillet, heat med add your Italian sausage links cook until brown let cool and slice.
- In large skillet coat with olive oil Tbsp, heat med/high once pan hot add peppers and onions cook 10-15 mins then add sausage.
- Saute for another 10-15. In a med/low sauce pan add pasta sauce.
- Pour wine into empty pasta jar and shake and add to pasta. Add garlic, tomato, seasonings simmer for an hour add Tbsp ricotta.
- Simmer for 30 mins.
- Penne pasta is awesome with this dish, you can use your favorite pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan. WaLa ~ Enjoy with garlic bread and red wine