- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 box penne, cooked a minute under al dente
- 1/2 green pepper, diced finely
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 can hunts zesty spaghetti sauce
- Just under a half can of water, using the hunts can
- 2 teaspoons fennel, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 bag of Italian cheese, 2 cups
- Garnishes… Fresh basil & Parmesan
Italian Penne Casserole
Looking for a warm comforting dinner idea?
This is cheesy dinner deliciousness just waiting to be put on your table!
- Preheat oven 375
- Cook penne a minute under al dente, rinse and set aside.
- In large pan add… Italian sausage, onions, fennel, garlic salt and peppers fry until sausage is no longer pink. Add pasta and hunts stir together.
- Spray 9X13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour pasta into pan.
- Put in oven & cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove and top with cheese and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan.