- 1½ sticks butter (At room temperature)
- 1 quart half-and-half (At room temperature)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cayenne pepper
- 1 cups White Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fontina shredded
- 1-¼ cups Monterey jack shredded
- 1 cup parmesan & Romano
- 1 cup panko
- 1 pound large macaroni
Macaroni and cheese isn’t just for the kiddo’s. Here is macaroni and cheese that is creamy, deep rich flavors. The panko adds the crunch macaroni and cheese needs! There’s a hug in every bite!
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a LARGE sauce pan over medium heat. When butter melts, add flour. whisk for 1 minute.
- While whisking, slowly pour in milk and seasonings.
- Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and becomes thick.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in Cheeses (EXCEPT the parmesan Romano) Set cheese sauce aside.
- Cook pasta to Al dente drain (don’t rinse) mix in the cheese sauce.
- Now you can top with the parmesan Romano & panko mixture.
- You can also pour it into a baking dish and brown the toppings ~ it’s good either way. Enjoy Fab Foodies ~