- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 2-3 cups chicken ( I used rotisserie chicken)
- 16 oz Cheese tortellini (one bag)
- 2-3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 basil leaves chopped
- Handful of arugula
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- Couple pinches of nutmeg
- Couple pinches of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Fresh grated Parmesan for garnish
Creamy Chicken Italian Tortellini Soup
- In your dutch oven add butter, celery and onions Sautee on med/high heat for 10 mins or until soft.
- Add flour and cream cheese stir together until bubbly, then pour in chicken broth and whisk until blended then half and half.
- Toss in chicken, basil, tomatoes, artichokes, arugula, garlic and spices.
- Stir together and simmer on med heat for 30 mins.
- Taste and then add any additional salt etc, then add cheese tortellini cover for 15 mins and butta bing butta bam!
- Garnish with fresh grated parmesan cheese.