- 4 Chicken breasts (Boneless skinless) Cooked
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (diced...My 1/4 cup was heaping)
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Flour tortilla's (I used 6" tortilla's)
- Canola oil for frying
- Sour cream, salsa and cilantro for garnish
- I used precooked chicken breast shred and set aside.
- In a large kettle add sliced onions, garlic salt and chicken broth cook until onions are tender.
- Then add shredded chicken, tomato sauce, chipotle chili seasoning, garlic powder let simmer for 15 mins.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Add spoonful of chicken mixture and a sprinkle of cheese, tightly roll and secure with toothpick. (Less is better :)
- In a large skillet add oil once oil is hot carefully place taquito in oil and keep turning until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towels to absorb oil.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream and cilantro.