- 4.5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 4 cups frozen homemade egg noodles
- 2 cups chicken, cooked diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 pinches of sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian 4 cheese (Asiago, Parmesan,Romano, Provolone)
- 8-10 strips of bacon, cooked
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
Chicken Carbonara Soup
If you love Carbonara. You have to try this soup!
- In med stock pot add onions, bacon drippings and butter, cook until onions are translucent.
- On med heat add flour and whisk together for 2 mins.
- Add chilled half and half whisk... add chicken broth and milk.
- Continue to whisk until blended, add chicken, cheese and egg noodles let simmer for 45 mins keep an eye on it and stirring (don't let it come to a boil)
- Add peas and simmer for 15 minutes and WaLa!
- Dish soup up and crumble bacon on top. ( More cheese if you like :)
- Garnish with parsley