- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 med onion, diced
- 2/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 queso dip, med
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos, diced I seed mine, but if you want the extra heat leave the seeds in.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado for garnish!
Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Hola… This a soup has a little caliente!
The cheesy goodness smooths it out.
Give it a try por favor!
- In your dutch oven add butter, onion, celery saute until almost tender stir in flour.
- Let simmer for 3 mins whisk in chicken broth, whisk until the flour is blend in with the chicken broth.
- Add chicken, chilies and spices stir together.
- Stir in cheeses and half and half.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, ladle up and top with garnishes!