- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cans wild rice (drained)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1.5 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used lean)
Cheeseburger Wild Rice Soup
I love cheeseburgers and have always loved chicken wild rice soup, this is how I came up with this recipe.
If you have a love for these to, just don’t sit there… get out your soup pot and get cooking
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Love and peace from my kitchen to your’s
- In your favorite soup kettle add ground beef, onions, carrots, butter and celery cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add in flour and stir together for 3 mins, then slowly adding chicken broth and continually stirring.
- Then add wild rice.
- In a med sauce pan add cheese and milk, cook on med heat until melted, then add sour cream.
- Pour into soup pot, add parsley and let simmer 20 mins.