- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 half and half
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 2.5 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1.5 cup ham, chopped
- 1 cup Italian cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Broccoli Ham and Cheese Soup
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add flour stir until butter is melted and bubbling, let bubble for 1-2 mins to get the flour taste out.
- Add milk, half and half and broth all at once, and stir until well blended.
- Add broccoli and ham, and cheeses.
- Stir until cheeses are melted and then let simmer until broccoli is tender. I let mine simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and everyone's tummies will be happy!!