- 8 Cod fillets 4oz
- 2 cup flour
- 1 beer 12oz
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Best Beer Battered Cod
Serve with fresh lemons, Tatar sauce and a ice cold beer!!
- Rinse and pat dry your fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In one pie plate 1/2 cup flour.
- In med size bowl add... 1.5 cups flour, beer, old bay seasoning and garlic powder, let set for 15 mins.
- Add oil in 2 quart dutch oven or pot, heat to 375 degrees.
- Dredge fish through the flour, then batter.
- Carefully place in oil. Cook until golden brown 3-5 depending on the size of the portions.
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Serve with lemons and tartar sauce. Mmmm Good!!!