- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced (use more onion powder if you don't like onions)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and diced (don't like water chestnuts, use greenbeans or mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup soy salt
- Fresh ground pepper, I used lots
- 1 cup minute rice, make according to box I used low sodium chicken broth instead of water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (Use cream of chicken if you don't like cream of mushroom)
- 2/3- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Asian Hamburger Rice Casserole
This Casserole/Hot dish depending on what region you live in, is an awesome dish if you have a hunkering for Asian/comfort food. This is a great week night dish you can have dinner on the table in a snap!
Give it a try and let me know how it turned out… if you did anything different.
I love to hear from you and I will respond asap.
- In large fry pan, add hamburger, onion and celery and brown hamburger.
- Cook rice.
- Then add water chestnuts, seasonings, soup, soy sauce, rice and chicken broth.
- Stir in rice let simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve.
- I garnished with celery leaves.
- **No salt, you have the soy sauce, soup and chicken broth**