- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Toasted slivered almonds for garnish
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Almond Poppy Seed Pancakes ~
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg, almond extract and butter into "soured" milk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Garnish with toasted silvered almonds.