- 1 cup to 1 ½ Real bacon pieces
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped celery
- Dressing ~
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons white sugar
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Here’s a great salad that gets forgotten. This salad is always a hit when I remember to make it. I used precooked bacon and always have the other ingredients on hand. Here’s a reminder… Time to make the fabulous 7 Layer Salad.
- place the chopped lettuce and top with a layer of onion, peas, shredded cheese, cauliflower, celery and bacon.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over salad and refrigerate until chilled.