- 1.25 Lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup cilantro (light 1/2 cup) chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons Thai basil
- 8 spins of fresh cracked pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass paste (if you don't have lemon grass add 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
Turkey Thai Meatballs
If you like Asian… Thai… Meatballs?? You’ll LOVE these… The flavors are explosive! The cilantro, lemon grass, lime zest give it freshness with a slight kick from the chili sauce. Added bonus they are HEALTHY made with turkey, low fat… low calorie!
Don’t be afraid of the turkey they were super moist!
Feel free to ask me questions and let me know what you think!
- In small saute pan add butter or olive oil, onion and garlic saute until soft and let cool.
- In a med size bowl add ground turkey, egg, panko, seasonings and the cooled onion and garlic.
- Mix together, I used my hands.
- ** Now what I recommend is... Form a small ball and fry in some olive oil and taste and adjust to your liking :)**
- Form into balls.
- In large pan or dutch oven cover the bottom with olive oil on med/high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add meatballs.
- Fry until browned and no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove and place on paper towels
- Made 30 meatballs
- **This is the dipping sauce I used**
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 Hot chili oil
- light squeeze of lime juice
- Mix together and WaLa!