- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil dried
- 3 cans Progresso tomato soup ( I use 3 different ones)
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
Tomato Basil Goat Cheese Soup
This is an amazing tomato soup! Pair it with my…Â Â Grilled Mozzarella and Basil ~ You’ll never see tomato soup and grilled cheese the same! This recipe is so easy, you would never know once you taste it. Canned tomato soups with the cream makes this soup rich and taste like you were slaving all day in the kitchen. The fresh basil gives this a wonderful freshness.
I would love to hear from you!
- In med soup pot add butter, onion and garlic and sautĂ©.
- Add the soups and cans of tomatoes, along with their liquid and bring the mixture to a slow simmer for 1- 2 hours.
- Add cream and goat cheese and continue cooking until the cheese has melted.
- Add the basil and stir until wilted.
- Stir in the pine nuts and keep warm until served.
- Awesome to dip the Mozzie Sammy into!!