- 1 bag egg noodles
- 1 large can albacore tuna (drained)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2.5 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1.5 cups cornflakes (crushed)
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2-3 stalks celery (diced)
- Pinch of dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces Velveeta
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 -1.5 cups frozen peas ( you be the judge :)
The Best Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- In a small saute pan add 1 tablespoon butter, celery and onion, on med/high saute until iridescent.
- Boil noodles 1 minute under aldente.
- Spray 9x13 glass baking dish.
- In a med sauce pan, add soup, milk, sour cream and cheese and heat until blended.
- Add noodles to your sprayed baking dish, then tuna, onions, celery, peas.
- Then pour soup mixture over noodles, add your seasonings and mix together.
- In a med bowl add crushed cornflakes and melt 1.5 tablespoons butter and pour over cereal and stir together
- sprinkle topping over casserole.
- Preheat oven 400 and bake 25 mins or until golden brown and enjoy!