- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 cups Mexican cheese Taco
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 green onion sliced (used it all)
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives sliced
- 1/2 large head of iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1/2 bag crushed Doritos or Tostitos
- 1 cup lean sour cream
- 1/2 cup of my Salsa Roja
- Cilantro for garnish
Skinny Taco Salad ~
I’m sharing with you this skinny taco salad that you would never believe it was skinny after tasting it! Using the ground turkey, you can’t even tell it isn’t ground beef with all the other layers of flavor. The black beans are great in this salad…extra protein… extra color and helps keep you full. The lettuce, tomatoes, olives and onions gives it a great freshness! Top with lean sour cream and salsa and TaDa a delicious skinny dinner!
I would love to hear from you!
Please post your comments below and be sure to rate the recipes you try, by clicking on the 5 star rating.
Sharing the Love of Cooking!
- In a med skillet, fry ground turkey.
- Add taco seasoning and water, sauté until well blended.
- In a large bowl add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives, black beans and cheese.
- In small dish add sour cream and salsa roja and mix together.
- ** You can add sour cream mixture to lettuce and mix, Or add sour cream mixture to the top of salad and garnish with crushed chips, cilantro and salsa.