- 6 pint jars ( sterilized, run through dishwasher)
- 2 lbs small
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup canning salt/kosher salt
- 2 heaping fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 med onion sliced thin
- 6 slices jalapeno's ( I used pickled jalapeno)
- Pinch on red pepper flakes
- Fresh dill
Spicy Baby Dill Refrigerator Pickles
These are like Claussen’s with a kick!
These pickles are crunchy with a slight kick. Super easy pickle recipe!
- Put six sprigs of fresh dill in the bottom of pint jar ( I covered the bottom with the fresh dill) and add one slice of jalapeno to each jar.
- In large kettle add water, salt, sugar bring to boil and let cool to room temp.
- While it's cooling add garlic, onion, mustard seed, red pepper flakes. ( I add a clump of fresh dill, I removed it before adding the brine to jars.
- Once brine is cooled to room temp, pour brine into jars.
- The garlic on the bottom of pan, just add it to the jars.
- Place lids on jars and refrigerate for 3 days and enjoy.
- **If you like them spicier, test one the next day and you can add more jalapenos if you like.
- ** While testing one day one, if you like you can always add more dill or garlic if you like.
- Have fun with them! There amazing!!