- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 Dill pickle slices (16 oz I used vlasic)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (extra for seasoning the pickles)
- Oil for frying
- Your favorite dipping sauce ( I used Parmesan ranch)Â
Southern Fried Pickles
You have to try these… Better than I’ve had at manyÂ restaurants!
- Heat oil to 350 degree's.
- Lay pickles out on paper towel lined platter and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and set in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour buttermilk into small bowl.
- In gallon size baggie add: flour, Old Bay, Cajun and mix together.
- Place the pickles into buttermilk and then into baggie and shake, then slowly place into hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove and place on paper towels.
- These are sooo good enjoy my friends!