- 1 package ground Italian turkey
- 1 package manicotti
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon fennel (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil (divided 1 for cheese and the other for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (divided 1/2 for cheese and the other for the turkey)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 can Hunts spaghetti sauce (traditional)
- 2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 Ricotta carton 15oz (part skim)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (low fat)
- 2.5 cups Kraft Italian five cheese (extra cup for garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan
- 1 gallon baggie ( for filling manicotti)
Seven Cheese Turkey Italian Sausage Manicotti
- Preheat oven 350 degree's
- In a large skillet add turkey sausage, onion and brown.
- Drain any excess fat and add fennel, fresh minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, sugar, Hunts sauce and diced tomatoes let simmer for 30 mins.
- Cook manicotti
- In a large bowl add: ricotta, cottage cheese, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1 tablespoon fresh basil, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, fresh parmesan, Kraft Italian five cheese and egg.
- Mix together and put into a gallon size baggie, cut the corner off and fill manicotti.
- In 9x13 pan spread half the sauce mixture on the bottom, then add the filled manicotti and pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes and remove foil and bake for 5-10 mins remove and garnish with fresh basil.
- Now let the feast begin... Enjoy my friends!!