- 4 Cans beef broth 14 ½ oz
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup red wine or whatever you drink
- 1 lbs Italian sausage Mild or hot (sliced and browned)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3-4 cups cheese tortellini
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can crushed tomatoes ( I used an Italian blend)
- 1 to 2 can white beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Spinach or Arugula
Rustic Italian Soup
This soup is awesome! Many layers of flavors will definitely leave you feeling satisfied. Enjoy with your favorite bread.
- In med skillet add sliced Italian sausage and brown.
- In soup pot add all ingredients (except tortellini and spinach or arugula)
- Simmer on low/med heat for at least 2 hours.
- When soup is done add 3-4 cups frozen tortellini cook 7 mins and add large handful of fresh spinach or arugula (I used arugula)
- Top with fresh Parmesan cheese. Enjoy ~