- I used 2 Bollillo rolls
- 8 slices roast beef, divided (I used deli roast beef)
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese ( I used low fat) Optional
- 1 package clean sliced mushrooms
- Aus Jus (Optional)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Fresh cracked pepper
Roast Beef and Swiss with Caramelized Onions Â
- In large skillet add 2 tablespoons butter and drizzle of olive oil, heat skillet med/high.
- Once butter is melted or almost add mushrooms single layer, so there not overlapping in skillet.
- Once browned flip and brown on the other side.
- Remove when done and place on paper towels.
- Add the other 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil, heat to med/high add sliced onions.
- Cook until caramelized and set aside.
- Butter the tops and bottoms of rolls.
- In med pan, turn heat to med/high place buttered tops down.
- Add 1 slice of Swiss cheese to each top, then mushrooms, roast beef and fresh cracked pepper, Swiss cheese and fried onion.
- Place the butter bottom facing up on sandwich using a sandwich press, press down on sandwich.
- Cooking until brown and flipping cooking other side until toasted.
- Remove and slice I served mine with Aus Jus (Optional)