- Corn beef (I had 5 lb corn beef)
- 1 can sauerkraut
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices black forest Rye
- 16 tablespoons thousand island dressing
The Best Reuben Sandwich Ever Recipe
The Nummiest Reuben Ever!! Not even kidding, this Reuben is over the top!!! The slow cooked corn beef makes this in creditably tender and packed full of deliciousness! The toasted rye with crunchiness from the ooey gooey Swiss cheese. You will defiantly feel the “Love” in every bite!
- The night before add corn beef in sprayed covered pan add wine, water, the seasoning packet and onion and garlic power.
- Refrigerate and marinate overnight .
- Pre heat oven 275 cook cover for 7 hours basting from time to time.
- In med sauce pan add sauerkraut undrained and soup simmer on low/med heat for 2-3 hours ( I added a pinch of garlic and onion powder)
- Butter outsides of bread.
- On large skillet place butter side bread down add 1-2 tablespoons thousand one slice Swiss Cheese then corn beef then sauerkraut topped off with another slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place bread buttered side up.
- Use a cast iron skillet on top of sandwiches. Sandwich press, anything you have that’s heavy.
- Cook until golden brown and flip, once browned serve with thousand island on the side.
- The Nummiest Reuben Ever!!