- Garden cucumbers, scrubbed in very cold water (7-8 small/med cucumbers)
- 6 cups water ( preferably distilled or purified)
- 1/4 cup canning salt (important canning salt)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/8 cup minced onion., dried
- 1 teasponns mustard seed
- 15 spigs fresh dill
- 8 whole peppercorns
- (I added one jalapeno, sliced)
Refrigerator Dill Pickles (Like Claussen’s) Super Crisp!!
There’s no sugar in these. I’m not a fan of sweet pickles.
*Tip… I used small/med garden fresh cucumbers, and they have be sliced into chunks or spears. I’ve tried them whole and they don’t turn out as good.
- In a large pan add water and salt, bring to a boil and let cool to room temp.
- Scrub your cucumbers and slice.
- Place all other ingredients and cucumbers in air tight container, pour liquid over top making sure there completely covered in brine and store in frigerator.
- Ready in 5-7 days (we were eating them at day 2 there soo good)
- There so crisp!!