- 1 head of cabbage, shred or chop
- 1 onion, shred or chop
- 1 green pepper, shred or chop
- 1 red pepper, shred or chop
- 2-3 carrots, shred or chop
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 cup cups boiling water** depends on how big your cabbage is… They just need to be covered.
- Add all vegetables to large bowl, sprinkle with salt and pour boiling water over vegetables, just enough to cover.
- Let sit for 1 hour, drain water and pour dressing over top and mix.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving** This will last up to 2 weeks**