- 1 pound butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla
- 2 pounds bittersweet chocolate chips
The description is in the name. These are by far my favorite cookie and they freeze well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time. flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined. Chill for one hour before baking.
- Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool.