- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup bloody Mary mix (I used Mrs T's)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 7 oz elbow macaroni (the small box)
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup heaping carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup heaping celery, diced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of red cayenne, more if you really want to heat it up :)
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 3 Italian sausage links, browned
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Handful fresh Italian parsley
Made with bloody Mary mix!
- In a dutch oven add olive oil , onion, celery, zucchini, garlic and carrots on med heat cook for couple minutes and add tomato saute until tender.
- In small saute pan add sausage and brown.
- Add beef broth, bloody mary mix, sausage, beans, pesto and spices (except… basil and parsley)
- Let simmer for 30 minutes then add macaroni and herbs once macaroni is eldente remove from heat so noodles don't get over cooked.