- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 green onions (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 teaspoons lemon grass paste
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used pinot)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 pounds of mussels
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
Lemon grass, Garlic, and Ginger Mussels ~
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, green onions and ginger.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic is fragrant but not burned.
- Add the lemon grass paste and the fish sauce.
- Stir the paste until it has thinned.
- Pour the chicken broth, wine and coconut milk into the pot.
- Stir the broth mixture for a couple seconds until well mixed.
- Add the mussels and cook covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they have opened.
- Discard any that are closed.
- Add the cilantro and give the pot a quick stir.
- Transfer mussels and broth to a large serving bowl and squeeze fresh lime over the dish.
- Serve additional lime wedges and crusty bread.