- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons flour (divided)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste (In a tube in the produce department)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 chicken breast (boneless skinless)
- 5 chilies
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup garlic (fresh minced)
- 2.5 cups cabbage (sliced thinly) Your typical kung pao doesn't have cabbage. i'm not typical :)
- 1 cup green onions (sliced thinly)
- 16 oz spaghetti **Cook pasta 1 minute under aldente**
Kung Pao Chicken and Noodles
These were so good we were eating them cold after dinner
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the chicken stock and flour until fully dissolved.
- Stir in the soy sauce, red wine, red chili paste, sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the heat and simmer.
- In a medium Ziploc bag, mix flour and salt and add diced chicken and coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned.
- Add...Chiles, cabbage and peanuts to skillet, cook for 1 minute and add garlic and scallions.
- As soon as garlic browns add the Kung Pao sauce stir together.
- **Cook pasta 1 minute under aldente**
- Add pasta to chicken and sauce **I used the large 3 quart pan I cooked the pasta in and added the chicken mixture, sauce and pasta my skillet wasn't large enough.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes if you can wait that long! Now the fun begins… Dig In!