- 8-10 small/med zucchini's
- 1 cup Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese/divided... You'll need 2 tablespoons to top them off the last 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons panko
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (green can)
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- Italian parsley for garnish
Italian Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini
- Pre-cook oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the top of zucchini(slice about 1/8 of inch) then use spoon to scoop out 1/2 of the center.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray and place zucchini's on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes, take out of oven and place a layer of Italian cheese in zucchini ** This will keep the sausage in place **
- Brown sausage with spices.
- Add panko and Parmesan cheese once sausage is brown, stir together and spoon into zucchini's.
- Bake for 20 minutes, take out and sprinkle (light sprinkle) with Italian cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Chop Italian parsley for garnish and now you get to enjoy!!