- 1 lb. Italian sausage.... I used spicy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 can Italian crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 bag spinach rough chop
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 small zucchini's diced
- 1/2 cup carrots...Sliced super thin. Feel free to add more if you like.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower med to large head
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried fennel
- 3 tablespoons garlic.... I use a lot of garlic in everything. Add less if your not a garlic lover
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of cheese tortellini 19 ounces
- Parmesan for garnish
This is packed with vegetables! It can be made with spicy Italian sausage or mild. We love spicy so I made it with spicy!
- Add sausage, diced onion and tablespoon butter cook until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic, zucchini and cauliflower cook for 10-15 minutes.
- In your favorite soup pot add beef broth, carrots, Italian crushed tomatoes, spinach and sausage and vegetable mixture.
- Add evaporated milk, basil, onion powder, fennel and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on med/low for 45 minutes then bring to boil and add cheese tortellini according to your package mine was cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan!