- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 heaping cup carrots, diced
- 1 heaping cup celery, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 0 cups chicken stock
- Reames homestyle egg noodles 12 oz
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Warms the heart and the soul!
- On med heat … add butter and olive oil to Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened . Pour in the chicken stock and bring the liquid to a boil. Add noodles, chicken and bay leaves simmer for 45 -60 minutes until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.