- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 cups ham
- 1 can of wild rice (I used Canoe)
- 2/3 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots slivered
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- I didn't add salt, add if you want
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
Ham Wild Rice Soup
If you love ham as much as me, get your soup pot and give this a try!
With just a few ingredients and using canned wild rice along with leftover ham makes, it so easy to have dinner on table in minutes!
- In a dutch oven or soup pot, add butter, onion, carrots and celery.
- Saute until tender.
- Stir in flour, once flour is stirred in slowly pour in chicken broth stirring until blended.
- Add ham, pepper, nutmeg, wild rice and wine.
- Bring to boil, turn down and let let simmer for 15 mins.
- Then add half & half and parsley let simmer for 15 mins or until hot.
- TaDa rich delicious soup!