- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 large onion finely chopped or grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup panko
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Tzatziki dipping sauce
Greek Meatballs… Keftedes
If you love a gyro sandwich, You will LOVE these! Place 3 meatballs on pita bread with some sliced onion and lettuce.
Then top it off with Tzatziki sauce and you will have a happy happy tummy!
I would love to hear from you!
Please post your comments below and be sure to rate the recipes you try, by clicking on the 5 star rating.
Sharing the Love of Cooking!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with either the cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls about the size of a walnut.
- Place on greased baking sheet about an inch apart and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes, turning the meatballs midway through the cooking time.