- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can cream mushroom
- 1 Ring Kielbasa ( Slice & brown)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 2 Cans Mushrooms
- 2 Large Carrots (Sliced)
- 2-3 Ribs Celery ( Diced)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Cups Potatoes ( I microwaved and diced)
- 1 Can Sauerkraut ( Rinsed & drained)
- 1 apple peeled and diced ( I didn’t use)
- 1/4 Cup Swiss cheese
- 1 Teaspoon dill weed
- 1-2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon smoked salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon worcestershire
German Potato Chowder Recipe
This German chowder is jammed packed with multiple flavors. The creamy richness with the kielbasa, sauerkraut and potatoes make this chowder a blue ribbon hit for Oktoberfest!
I would love to hear from you!
- In med saute pan add butter, onions, celery and carrots saute on med/high heat until translucent.
- In large skillet add sliced Kielbasa and brown. In large soup pot add chicken broth and cream mushroom soup and mix together.
- Add the rest of ingredients (except cheese) bring to boil then simmer for an hour up to two hours.
- Add the cheese 30 mins before serving.