- 2 packages of wild mushrooms 8.8 oz porcini, wild boletus, oyster, shiitake and black
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- Handful of fresh parsley
Creamy Gorgonzola Mushroom Soup
Ladle up baby!!
- In large saute pan add olive oil on med/high heat.
- Add onion and saute when you see them softening add garlic. Saute for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- In dutch oven add butter on med high heat once butter melts stir in flour and continue to stir until bubbly then stir in chicken broth.
- Stir until blended add mushrooms, half & half, bay leaf, onions & garlic, spices and Gorgonzola simmer for 50 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Then throw in the parsley
- Ladle up baby!!