- 1 med onion, diced
- 3 large stalks of celery, diced with some leaves
- 6 med/small potatoes, cooked & diced
- 3 can of clams with juice
- 1 pint 1/2 &1/2
- 2 cups milk
- 1/8 cup of your favorite wine
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 3 pinches red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
Creamy Clam Chowder
Here’s a recipe that’s quick to make and with just a few ingredients. If you have a craving for clam chowder you can have it ready to enjoy in 1 hour. This clam chowder is rich and creamy with wonderful flavor.
I would love for you to try and let me know how your palette liked it.
- In a large stock pot add 3 tablespoons butter, on med/high heat add in onion and celery and cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in flour and stir together for 1-2 minutes and slowly add 1/2 & 1/2 continuing to stir.
- when well blended add clams with juice, wine and milk.
- Keep stirring and turn heat to med.
- Wash potatoes and microwave until almost done, cool and dice and add to soup.
- Add spices and celery leaves and simmer for 30 minutes. Keeping a an eye on it so it doesn't boil.
- Enjoy this soup pot of love ~