- 2 tsp corn starch
- one 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cups fish sauce
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- One head Bok Choy
- 4-5 stalks celery
- One large onion
- 1 Large can bean sprouts
- 2 boxes Lo Mein
Here’s a recipe that is seriously better than take out! That gives you lots of left overs. I would you fresh bean sprouts, but all I had on hand was can. Feel free to use, shrimp, chicken or pork. Have fun with this recipe!
- In sauce pan add 2 tsp corn starch and one can chicken broth 14.5 oz whisk together then add ¼ cup soy sauce ~ 2/3 cups fish sauce ~ ¼ tsp ginger powder ~ ¼ tsp red pepper flakes ~ 2 tsp garlic powder ~ 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil and set aside.
- Slice diagonally one head of bok choy ~ 4-5 stalks celery ~ one large onion ~ one carton fresh mushrooms in ½ inch pieces (I didn’t have fresh mushrooms, I used one large can) Bean sprouts would be good in this too. Heat skillet on med high with canola oil and add vegetables cook until there about to be iridescent now add ½ of your sauce mixture and cook for 15 mins.
- Take off heat and set aside and add your crab or cooked chicken or shrimp.
- Boil two packages of lo Mein noodles 1 min under Al dente ( I didn’t have them on hand improvised with thin spaghetti.
- When cooked 1 min under Al dente strain (do not rinse) now in large kettle add noodles ~ vegetables ~ and the rest of your sauce cook of 5 mins and TaDa ~ Seriously better than take out!!
- Enjoy Fab Foodies!!