- 7 cups cucumbers, sliced 1/2 inch thick (small garden fresh)
- 4 cups distilled water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (Canning Pickling Salt)
- 5 pint jars…
- *In each jar add*
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
Claussen Pickle Chips
These are crunchy with garlic dill flavor… So easy to make and inexpensive to make!
*I slice again and there amazing on a sandwich!!
Feel free once there made and have set for 3 -5 days if you like more salt and a little more to each jar, I have high blood pressure so try to watch my sodium…. Same goes for vinegar etc.
- In large pan add water, salt and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
- While brine is cooling.
- 5 sterilized quart jars and lids add all seasoning's to each.
- Fill jars with sliced cucumbers.
- When brine is cooled, pour into jars covering cucumbers.
- Put lids on shake and refrigerate.
- Wait 5 days… if you can :)