- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 baking soda
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Makes 6-7 waffles
- 6-7 chicken tenderloins, thawed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 heaping fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 dashes of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup club crackers, crushed super fine
- Oil for frying
- Parsley for garnish
Chicken and Waffles
The sweet and salty combination of these two is crazy delicious!
- Mix dry ingredients together, stir in egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Let sit for half hour. In the mean time. In shallow bowl add 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons buttermilk and hot sauce.
- In a shallow plate or pan add flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow plate add the panko and the crushed club crackers.
- Dredge chicken in flour...then egg… bread crumb mixture.
- Carefully place in oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and place on paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt while hot… This is important!! To get the sweet and salty satisfaction :)
- Make your waffles, I cook mine until it dings then there done :)
- assemble... waffle... one - two pieces of chicken, garnish with parsley top with waffle and drizzle with syrup.