- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 package spaetzle 10.5 oz Check your grocery store, I got mine @ Trader Joes… Or be amazing and make them!
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 cups chicken, diced or shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 sm/med onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- Pinch dill
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Chicken Spaetzle Soup
This is perfect for that cold winter day.
If your worried about finding spaetzle, you can always make it. Check with your grocer and have them order it for you.
I wanted a quick soup, so I use store bought.
Just as good without the work.
It’s not a creamy soup, I add the half and half to give a slight richness and another depth.
This soup is like a big warm hug!
Big warm hug from my bowl to yours!
- In dutch oven add butter on med/high heat.
- Add celery, onions and carrots saute until soft.
- Add chicken broth, chicken, seasonings.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, add spaetzle and half & half let simmer for 25 mins or until spaetzle is tender.
- Add parsley and ladle up!